https://www.fractracker.org/a5ej20sjfwe/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/New-FT-Website-Logo.png 0 0 FracTracker Alliance https://www.fractracker.org/a5ej20sjfwe/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/New-FT-Website-Logo.png FracTracker Alliance2010-06-16 11:32:122019-05-23 13:21:00Frequently Asked Questions on Marcellus Shale Drilling
- What is Marcellus Shale, how is it different, & why the sudden interest in it?
- What is the size of the drill pad?
- What happens to trees that are on the drill pad when it is cleared?
- Must the gas company restore the drill pad after drilling & fracing?
- Who keeps watch over this process?
- Who regulates leasing of mineral rights in PA?
- How are drinking water supplies protected?
- What if drilling changes the water quality or flow in my water well?
- Who should I contact if I believe drilling activities have affected water resources or caused pollution?
Here is an additional resource from the PA DEP if you have been approached about signing over your mineral rights or if you don’t have the oil and mineral rights for your surface property: Landowners & Oil & Gas Leases in PA
Have more questions? Feel free to email us.